Voucher Programs



Have you recently lost your job? Or have you had your hours reduced? Are you unable to pay your current tenant share? If so, you may be eligible for a change in the tenant share you pay your property owner.


To get started, contact the Leased Housing Gateway at 617-425-6611 or via e-mail at Gateway@MetroHousingBoston.org. Be sure to include the name of the head of household and current address. Our staff will provide you with the information needed to complete any changes to your household income or household composition and can also provide information on how to relocate.


Please note: This process only applies to current voucher program participants with Metro Housing through Section 8, MRVP, or COC. For everyone else who has lost a job or has had reduced hours, click HERE for information about the eviction prevention program known as RAFT. To get on the waiting list for a housing voucher, click HERE.