23 Sep Records Management Clerk
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
The Records Management Clerk is responsible for performing general administrative support services to the Leased Housing department include but are not limited to the maintenance and organization of the department files, scanning documents to our digital filing software, scanning files to staff upon request, and pulling files for review.
Manager of Administrative Support
Responsibilities May Include:
- Maintain filing system including, retrieving and processing files to be sent to Iron mountain, maintenance of files i.e. splitting and labeling of files using file tracking system;
- Collect files from Lease Housing department, sort and file alphabetically and ensure checked out files are returned to the file room.
- Collect documents from incoming mail, print and file.
- Check files in DocMGT to appropriate person before lending out;
- Perform frequent thorough audits of files to ensure accurate placement, legibility, and suitable condition.
- Organize files through Adobe pro and upload documents in department filing system.
- File review with participants/attorneys/property owners as needed;
- Maintain department inventory supplies including office supplies, departmental forms, stationery etc.
- Create and design general correspondences, memos, forms, labels etc. using Microsoft Office
- Participate in and contribute to monthly team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in file or records management
- Experience or training in performing office support duties;
- Sensitive to the needs of a diverse socio-economic, multi-ethnic population;
- Capability to handle high-volume of filing and administrative work and manage a very busy work environment;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage on-going projects concurrently;
- Ability to manage several tasks at once, anticipate and identify problems putting forward solutions that are creative, innovative, and flexible;
- Strong written and oral communication skills including: basic letter writing, grammar, and spelling and telephone skills;
- Strong customer service skills for both clients as well as internal team members (both over the phone and in person);
- Strong Time Management skills
- Ability to both work independently and with a team;
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and comfort learning new software and tracking systems;
- Associate’s Degree preferred or equivalent related work experience;
This role requires frequent moving around with community/shared style seating assignments and lifting boxes or files that may weigh up to 25 pounds. Alternative or weekend hours availability desired but not required.
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $42,000 with excellent benefits. (This is a non-exempt position) Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/