30 Oct Receptionist
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
The receptionist is the first point of contact for callers and visitors to Metro Housing|Boston. S/he will answer calls to the main switchboard and greet visitors. The receptionist will provide callers and visitors with information regarding the agency’s affordable housing programs; especially rental assistance. The workload is shared with another receptionist.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Able to manage a busy call center in a friendly, helpful and timely manner. Respond to phone inquiries and/or direct calls to the appropriate staff person;
- Greet visitors and provide information to walk-in clients and/or direct the visitor to the appropriate staff person;
- Provide callers and visitors with information regarding Metro Housing’s rental assistance program;
- Oversee the proper and safe use of the reception area by all visitors, children included;
- Date, stamp and distribute mail, fax, make copies, do some word processing and data entry;
- Work on special projects as assigned by the Office Manager;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to provide excellent customer service on the phone and in person;
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills;
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook;
- Willingness to work as part of a team to promote the goals of the program and agency;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in stressful situations and manage several tasks at once;
- Pleasant phone manners and professional demeanor;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff and clients in busy environment;
- Sensitive to diverse clientele;
- Multi-lingual skills required verbally and written in any of the following languages: Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish & Haitian Creole.
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
SALARY/BENEFITS (This position is non-exempt)
Salary: $35,450 and excellent benefits. Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org