02 Jun RAFT Manager
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
The Residential Assistance for Families in Transition [RAFT] Manager will oversee the administration of the Department of Housing and Community Development’s RAFT Program. This position will include supervisorial, administrative, technical assistance, and policy duties and responsibilities as they relate to the RAFT Program. In addition, s/he will be expected to be an active and engaged participant in Boston’s housing and homeless community, representing the interests and priorities of Metro Housing.
Director of Financial Assistance Programs
Responsibilities May Include:
- Oversee and supervise the work of RAFT Case Managers in relation to RAFT projects and tasks, including Resource Line and walk-in schedule;
- Administer homelessness prevention funds for families by developing systems for accepting and reviewing applications, collecting data and reporting to funders, and by directly assisting families who are interested in accessing these funds;
- Review and process all referrals and applications submitted by external partners as well as Metro Housing internal staff, checking for completeness and accuracy;
- Communicate with partners and vendors to obtain all relevant information and documentation required to process applications in a timely manner;
- Obtain resources and services as requested and/or needed to address client needs, including but not limited to: housing applications, language translation assistance, negotiation and mediation with property owners and utility companies, CORI resolution, credit programs and assistance with financial applications;
- Track client referrals and program outcomes and maintain client data in Metro’s CMS system;
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant management/supervision experience in a related field or position;
- Demonstrated experience in team building and support and serving as a liaison to external partners;
- Ability to manage several tasks at once, anticipate and identify problems putting forward solutions that are creative, innovative, and flexible;
- Experience with reporting, management and oversight of data collection;
- Strong time management skills and the capability to handle high-volume of administrative work and manage a very busy work environment with competing priorities;
- Experience with housing systems, homelessness, and social service providers (preferred);
- Proficient with Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and comfort learning new software and tracking systems;
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $64,000 with excellent benefits. (This is an non-exempt position) Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/