04 Jan Program Manager
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
The Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that the designated Metro Housing|Boston administered program complies with State and HUD Regulations and Department of Housing and Community Development’s (DHCD) policies and procedures. Primary responsibilities include: oversee the administration and the wait lists of the program (s) including applicant referral to vacant project based units and eligibility determination. Assure that quality service is provided to clients, Community Development Corporations (CDC) and other community partners.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Directly supervise and provide training and support to both new and existing staff.
- Ensure that the staff meets both State and Federal set performance standards established in the state regulations for program being administered. Ensure that team members are trained and knowledgeable about workflow, case file management and the Tracker software system;
- Maintain up to date information regarding HUD, State, and DHCD regulations and policy changes by reviewing all applicable communication including: HUD Clips, Federal Register Notices, Public Notices, DHCD Memorandum, Nan McKay updates.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Assistant Program Director to develop and write program policy in response to changes in HUD/DHCD regulations and policy;
- Ensure that staff are kept current and are applying, both equitably and consistently, program regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Gather all necessary information to complete internal and external reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director and appropriate staff to manage any program waitlists and all program software;
- Ensure that service of the highest quality is delivered via coordinated, collaborative efforts from the team and that the full range of programs and services offered by Metro Housing are made available to clients, CDCs and community partners. Facilitate the flow of information among team members and across teams; With input from team members, hire new staff and coordinate training and orientation process;
- Evaluate individual and team performance. Coach members individually and as a group;
- Attend/ facilitate case conferences and hearings regarding issues such as CORI, program terminations, rent disputes and fraud. Document decisions. Provide written responses to DHCD as necessary;
- Participate in Team, Management Team, and other ad hoc team meetings.
- Prepare agendas, facilitate meetings and record and distribute minutes, as necessary;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Director or the Assistant Department Director.
- Must have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: work experience leading or supervising a group; demonstrated ability in facilitation, coaching and in leading staff in joint problem-solving and collaboration; Experience with direct service delivery in a housing or other social service related agency; knowledge of housing subsidy program regulations;
- Ability to manage several tasks at once, anticipate and identify problems putting forward solutions that are creative, innovative, and flexible;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify problems and strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and negotiation skills. Good organizational skills and detail-oriented;
- Must be computer literate, self-motivated, and reliable to work independently;
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse low-income population;
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience;
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION * (within one year of hire date)
- Supervisory Management Certification
- HCV Eligibility Certification
- Rent Calculation Certification
- HCV Occupancy Certification
- HCV Specialist Certification
*Commensurate and applicable experience may be substituted for the certification on a case by case basis.
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
(This position is exempt)
Salary: $56,250 and excellent benefits. Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/