20 Feb Operations Manager
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
The Operations Manager is responsible for the facilities day-to-day operation including managing Front Desk administrative staff, janitorial services and other contracts, and the overall in-person experience for visitors and guests of the organization. She/he supervises the receptionists and the administrative assistant for the Finance & Administrative Department.
Chief Financial Officer
Responsibilities May Include:
- Manage the front desk staff, office administrative assistant and the reception area to ensure effective telephone/client walk-ins and mail communications both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain ongoing training and resource materials for Front Desk staff in coordination with staff from other departments
- Organize and document office operations and procedures, and ensure these procedures are being followed by staff.
- Use phone reports and other internal and external customer service metrics (including those to be created) to develop and maintain a robust in-person experience for all visitors and guests to the office
- Manage and maintain the internal office seating chart and location process
- Manage contracts and price negotiations with vendors and service providers, including but not limited to janitorial services, waste management, and vending machine vendors.
- Negotiate the purchase of office supplies for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Verify and approve all office orders submitted to the Administrative Assistant, submit to accounts payable, and ensure they are paid on time.
- Prepare recycling materials in preparation for regular pickup.
- Serve as point person for maintenance and, in coordination with Office and Administrative Assistant, invoices and bills for vendors.
- Manage assigned employee schedules and time cards, identify appropriate scheduling and tasks for receptionists, and troubleshoot scheduling conflicts as they arise.
- Serve as a contact for contacting building maintenance services during and outside office hours
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent work experience required;
- 3+ years of office management experience ;
- Extensive knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experience with and attentive to customer service best practices and methodology
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $56,250 with excellent benefits. (This is an exempt position) Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/