03 May Financial Assistance Operations Administrator
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
As a member of the Financial Assistance Programs department the Operations Administrator is responsible for administering a variety of financial assistance programs at Metro, including the Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT) program. The Operatinos Administrator will work closely with the RAFT Program Manager, the RAFT Coordinator and all members of the financial assistance programs team to insure all administrative activities, systems and resources are organized, coordinated, and accurate. The Operations Administrator will ensure that the programs are administered according to Metro Housing and DHCD rules and regulations. The Operations Administrator will manage data tracking systems for all program/s he/she is administering. The Operations Administrator will assist with all administrative reporting and ensure accuracy of all data collection and entry.
RAFT Program Manager
Responsibilities May Include:
- Enter program participants into Happy and ensure that records are accurate;
- Meet payment deadlines;
- Perform data entry into various systems, including but not limited to Happy, CMS, Doc Management, LAP, and Salesforce;
- Interpret and apply DHCD/Metro Housing regulations, policies and procedures in the administration of Financial Assistance Programs. Communicate with Staff, program participants, and partner agencies concerning these regulations, policies and procedures;
- Work closely with program staff to ensure that applications are complete and accurate, and processed in an efficient and timely manner;
- Track funding expenditures and produce monthly reports detailing distribution of funds, and other information as needed;
- Maintain basic knowledge of all financial assistance programs and Metro Housing/DHCD policies
- Collaborate with other financial assistane department program staff to ensure clients are receiving comprehensive and coordinated service;
- Maintain a working knowledge of all operations tasks in order to provide coverage for other operations staff when necessary;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong time management skills and the capability to handle high-volume of administrative work and manage a very busy work environment with competing priorities;
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and complete repetitive tasks quickly and accurately;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage various long-term projects concurrently;
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse, low income population. Demonstrated ability to handle emotionally stressful situations and manage conflict. Empathetic to those needing reasonable accommodations as well as language assistance;
- Ability to both work independently and with a team;
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, and comfort learning new software and tracking systems;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience;
- Experience with housing systems, homelessness, and social service providers (preferred);
- Multi-lingual required both verbally and written. We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, Arabic and Spanish
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $46,020 with excellent benefits. (This is an non-exempt position) Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/