15 Oct Inspections Coordinator
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
The Inspection Coordinator is responsible for managing, updating and maintaining the inspection database. They coordinate the scheduling of inspections and are responsible for completing all associated inspection and electronic paperwork. They are responsible to respond to inquiries from owners and tenants regarding the inspection scheduling process and interpreting inspections housing violations results and family responsibilities. The Inspection Coordinator provides support to the Inspections and Property Owner Team and Leased Housing Department.
Inspectional Services Systems Manager
Responsibilities May Include:
- Coordination and scheduling a variety of Metro Housing|Boston inspections including annual, biennial, tenant complaint, 24 hour emergency inspections; prepare files for daily pick-up in inspector’s tablet. Average number of scheduled inspections 20,000 annually;
- Reviewing all electronic and paper inspection documents for accuracy and completeness in order to correctly process notifications to owners and tenants;
- Accurately perform actions in Tracker database to ensure payments are processed properly depending on the action.
- Responding to numerous participants questions regarding HUD/DHCD/Metro Housing’s policies and procedures as they relate to inspection requirements and family obligations;
- Maintain positive working relationships by providing superior customer service with property owners/managers and program participants regarding HQS and family obligations.
- Maintain daily contact with Inspectors to make schedule changes or to provide updates or notifications to tenants and/or owners;
- Participate in inter-agency meetings to offer suggestions and solutions to better expedite procedures for leasing program participants more efficiently.
- Participate and contribute to weekly Inspectional & Property Owner Services department meetings;
- Assist and/or prepare inspection files and reports for audits and/or off- site storage;
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Inspectional Services Systems Manager and provide staff coverage as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task, anticipate and identify problems putting forward solutions that are creative, innovative, and flexible;
- Strong written and oral communication skills including: basic letter writing, grammar, and spelling and telephone skills;
- Strong computer literacy skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office, tablets and Cloud interface to save, organize and retrieve inspections reports and other documents.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify problems and strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and negotiation skills;
- Strong professional attitude, self-motivated, interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse, low-income population;
- Bachelor’s Degree or two years equal experience preferred.
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
(This is a non-exempt position)
$42,500 with excellent benefits. Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/