01 Jun HR Generalist
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
We have an immediate opening for an HR Generalist to join our growing Team! In this role you will be responsible for providing a broad range of services ranging from talent acquisition support to ensuring key HR systems, processes, programs and policies are aligned and optimized. This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to grow your experience across a broad range of Human Resources areas.
Director of Human Resources
Responsibilities May Include:
- Lead talent acquisition efforts and directly recruit for roles across multiple business units.
- Develops and implements strategic recruitment programs for all positions.
- Prescreens candidate resumes and applications, conducts interviews and gathers documented feedback, and conducts reference checks.
- Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives and activities.
- Assist with new hire offer process, including offer letter generation and background check launch, in addition to partnering on new employee onboarding activities.
- Maintain company-wide performance management system and process, including annual goal setting and year-end review. Will also participate in the annual salary review process, including system readiness and reporting.
- Partner with HR and Senior Staff to identify and roll out employee training & development modules to include vendor selection and systems administration.
- Own critical HR reporting such as headcount, open requisitions, new hires and terminations and other ad-hoc reporting. Track and report on key HR performance indicators and trends via PowerPoint and other software.
- Partner with HR, Marketing and other Business Units and play a leadership role in the development of the corporate newsletter and in developing content & final presentation for global town hall sessions.
- Manage HR employee records and conduct regular audits to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Be open, approachable and visible throughout the organization, building trust and confidence at all levels; and
- Assist with the rollout and execution of general HR programs and initiatives and work on special projects as required
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- One to two years of human service experiences preferred one to two years of recruiting/HR experience required.
- Excellent computer skills required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as HRIS, preferably experience with ADP;
- Willingness to work as part of a team to promote the goals of the program and organization;
- A can-do attitude and desire to learn new things.
- Detailed oriented with a strong sense of follow through.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and trust, including the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience with excellent benefits. Please visit website: