31 Aug Director of Human Resources
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
We are seeking a detail-oriented, organized person who is also an enthusiastic team player committed to helping Metro Housing|Boston hire, engage and retain talented employees who will continue our success in our Mission. The Director of Human Resources manages a comprehensive human resources function to support and advance Metro Housing team-based organization. The Director of Human Resources plays a lead role as a business partner to the team and is responsible for all Human Resources generalist activities. The Director of Human Resources also serves as a member of the senior management team and participates in organization oversight, development and evaluation activities as appropriate and requested by the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer.
Chief Operating Officer
Responsibilities May Include:
- Senior Staff and Organization Oversight
- Participate in senior staff meetings;
- Participate and present at board meetings as requested by Executive and/or Deputy Director;
- Participate and offer leadership in organization subcommittees, task forces, and/or other organization-wide initiatives and/or external subcommittees, advisory boards, task forces and other such collaborative opportunities;
- Work closely with other senior staff members to ensure interdepartmental communication and collaboration;
Manage the comprehensive Human Resources function including, but not limited to policy development, staffing, compensation, benefits, employee relations, affirmative action, training and development, and HR communications;
- Act as a business partner to all levels on organization development and change management. Work with outside consultants as needed to augment internal efforts;
- Assess team and leadership development needs, and design and deliver training and development programs. Emphasis on developing core competencies, e.g. facilitation, coaching, feedback, team building, conflict resolution, management skills;
- Create and sustain a rigorous diversity program that is a central and an explicit part of hiring, staff development, organization development, and all HR and organization programs and activities.
- Manage the organization’s monthly and annual performance review program. Ensure that performance programs support individual, team and organizational development;
- Manage organization’s compensation program emphasizing team as well as individual performance. Conduct salary surveys, bench mark jobs, ensure that salaries are comparable with market. Review all salary increases;
- Manage the organization’s employee benefits program. Responsible for continuous review for competiveness as well as cost containment initiatives, enrollment & billing activities, and communications;
- Oversee recruitment and staffing. Develop a strategic approach to attracting/retaining staff; Develop new recruitment sources. Consult with team leaders and senior staff as requested;
- Responsible for employee relations. Coach and consult with team leaders and Senior Staff on performance issues;
- Responsible for ensuring a fair responsive process to staff complaints and problem resolution;
- Manage Human Resource Specialist in supporting transactional processes related to on-boarding and off-boarding, ADP Workforce database, producing and analyzing reports, and compliance and employee records managemen
- Ensure legal compliance in all aspects of employment. Review all recommendations concerning hiring, performance management, and terminations prior to action being taken;
- Senior Staff and Organization Oversight
- 5-8 years’ experience in some combination of HR generalist, organizational development, and training & development;
- Exceptional leadership and management ability within a diverse workforce;
- Superior analytical skills and problem-solving abilities, including a demonstrated ability to view challenges as opportunities and to proactively identify and implement solutions that are creative, innovative, and flexible;
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills;
- Excellent computer skills required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as HRIS, preferably experience with ADP;
- Willingness to work as part of a team to promote the goals of the program and organization;
- Ability to manage several complex tasks at once while maintaining professional composure;
- Solid knowledge of all major disciplines of HR, including staffing, compensation, benefits, policy, employee relations, training and development program design and implementation, and legal compliance;
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills. Experience in a team-based and multi-cultural environment;
- B.A. /B.S degree or equivalent work-related experience; SHRM Certification preferred;
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: Commensurate with experience, and excellent benefits. (This is an exempt position) Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/