02 Oct Foundation Relations Officer
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
The Foundation Relations Officer is responsible for prospect research; formulation, preparation, submission and tracking of grant proposals, letters of inquiry/concept, collateral material and progress reports, and maintaining annual grants calendar. The Foundation Relations Officer collaborates with members of the Development team, and other Metro Housing|Boston staff members to develop strategy, write proposals, prepare budgets and reports, maintain and implement annual grants calendar and manage other aspects of a successful grants program.
Director of Development
Responsibilities May Include:
- Develop and write grant proposals, concept papers and letters of inquiry; oversee the evaluation process to ensure compliance with funder’s requirements;
- Work closely with the finance department on the budgetary aspects of the grant proposal and with other department heads on program needs, tracking data and reporting on outcomes;
- Maintain an accurate grants calendar, scheduling and tracking of all grant activities and deadlines;
- Work with Director of Development to identify prospective foundation donors to support Metro Housing|Boston programs, services and operations;
- Work in conjunction with Development Associate to ensure that corporate and foundation gifts are entered into eTapestry database, and reports are accurate and current;
- Ensure that foundation reports are timely and accurate; oversee internal agency grants management processes and policies;
- Work with Development Associate to generate accurate, meaningful, and timely acknowledgment letters for grants received;
- Participate in other fund development and communications ventures, including, writing articles and editing targeted newsletters, social media campaigns and strategies, staff support at events and other activities as needed. Participate in meetings with Executive Director, Development Committee and other committees of the Board of Directors, Development & Communications teams and donors as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in case management or intake and assessment with homeless households or households at risk of homelessness;
- Familiarity with affordable housing and housing subsidies;
- Experience with crisis intervention regarding issues such as homelessness and affordable housing access;
- Knowledge and experience with service agencies and resources for low-income and/or homeless individuals and families;
- Willingness to work as part of a team to promote the goals of the program and agency;
- Sensitivity to the needs of the homeless, low-income, and diverse populations;
- Ability to work in a busy, diverse team setting;
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication, and writing skills;
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
SALARY/BENEFITS (This is an exempt position)
$63,000 – $70,000 depending on experience with excellent benefits. Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/