14 Apr Financial Assistance Programs Data Analytics Manager
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
The Financial Assistance Programs Data Analytics Manager will serve as an integral member of the management team for the administration of the Department of Housing and Community Development’s Financial Assistance Programs, including the Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT), the Emergency Rent and Mortgage Assistance (ERMA) Program and the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). This position will include administrative, technical assistance, and policy duties and responsibilities as they relate to the Financial Assistance Programs.
Responsible for completing data analysis & providing key metrics for Metro Housing & DHCD Leadership. This position will work closely with the Assignments & Productivity Program Manager, Financial Assistance Programs Leadership and Metro Housing Leadership.
Director of Financial Assistance
Responsibilities May Include:
- Maintain & Update the Assignments Tracker for use by Case Managers
- Maintain & Update the Mail-in Tracker for use by Case Managers
- Maintain & Update the Daily Dashboard for use by Metro & DHCD Leadership
- Maintain & Update any additional charts/visuals requested by DHCD
- Maintain & Update weekly COVID Spreadsheet for Governor’s Office
- Verify Income of Metro’s applicants using the MassHealth Interchange interface
- BA or BS (or Equivalent Experience)
- At least 3-5 years of experience using Microsoft Excel (Master-Level)
- Expertise with excel formulas: VLOOKUP, INDEX/MATCH, SUMIF, ARRAYS
- Moderate experience (1 year or less) with programming languages (i.e. Python, R, etc.)
- Analyze data and draw conclusions
- Self-starter that can work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to take ownership for tasks and issues, utilizing all resources available
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and interact with key executives
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly with changing information & deliverables
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to motivate, organize, and convene people and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and work with complex governmental regulations.
- Ability to work in collegial manner with Program Managers and colleagues; able to “partner” with such individuals to achieve compliance and program improvements.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Preference Given To:
- Certification in Microsoft Excel, Python, and/or any other programming languages
- Candidates with previous non-profit or public service/government experience.
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt position.
Salary: $64,000 with excellent benefits.