03 May Financial Assistance Operations Coordinator
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
|As a member of the Financial Assistance Department, the Financial Assistance Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support for RAFT team including any other Financial Assistance Programs. The Financial Assistance Operations Coordinator will work closely with all members of the Financial Assistance team to ensure all administrative activities, systems and resources are organized, coordinated, and accurate. The Coordinator will enter data into and maintain data tracking systems for the program/s he/she is administering. The Coordinator will assist with all administrative reporting and insure accuracy of all data collection and entry.|
RAFT Program Manager
Responsibilities May Include:
- Strong time management skills and the capability to handle high-volume of administrative work and manage a very busy work environment with competing priorities;
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and complete repetitive tasks quickly and accurately;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage various long-term projects concurrently;
- Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse, low income population. Demonstrated ability to handle emotionally stressful situations and manage conflict. Empathetic to those needing reasonable accommodations as well as language assistance;
- Ability to both work independently and with a team;
- Strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, and comfort learning new software and tracking systems;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience;
- Experience with housing systems, homelessness, and social service providers (preferred);
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $52,500 with excellent benefits. (This is an non-exempt position) Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/