27 Dec Data Management & Quality Improvement Manager
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
We are seeking a detail oriented, confident, high performer with a commitment to achieving excellence to serve as our Data Management & Quality Improvement Manager. This is a new position. The person selected for this exciting opportunity will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining organizational wide program data management and compliance activities to monitor and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s services. The Data Management & Quality Improvement Manager will champion continuous improvement efforts for all organization programs by insuring that all programs have performance and outcome measures and regularly assessing programs’ success in achieving these measures.
To Be Determined
Responsibilities May Include:
- Lead process to develop, implement, and track strategic plan goals and complementary initiatives.
- Design or modify specific data collection instruments for each program, including: pre/post tests, surveys, assessments, interview guides, and focus group protocols.
- Collaborate with Program Directors and Director of Development to insure timely submission of goals and accomplishments for all funders and partners. Work with Program Directors to select and formulate appropriate program goals and outcomes. Receive, review, and archive program goals and objectives.
- Work with Program Directors to insure timely completion and submission of monthly reports to the Executive Director and quarterly board program reports, including completion of dashboard data sets.
- Assist and collaborate with programs in their preparation for scheduled regulatory, licensing, and contract reviews to develop work plans and prepare documentation for such external reviews.
- Receive, review, and archive program policies and procedures. Review for content and clarity including: responsiveness to regulatory and contractual standards; messaging and directions to staff; and, consistency with the organization’s mission and values.
- Conduct periodic internal program audits to both respond to identified program performance issues and to provide periodic and scheduled program assessments to enhance program performance and quality.
- Develop and coordinate program self-assessment tools and assist program managers to conduct self-assessments, including those that are required by funding sources.
- Receive, review, and archive all corrective action plans, non-compliances, and regulatory reviews received by all programs.
- Monitor completion of corrective actions, regulatory and contractual responses, and report to Executive Director, Deputy Director, and Chief Financial Officer of program responses, completed and accepted corrective responses, and incomplete or delinquent responses.
- Receive and analyze results of consumer satisfaction surveys and identify areas for program improvements to better respond to our consumers.
- Assist Program Directors to plan and carry out focus groups to receive feedback and suggestions from consumers of particular organization services. Work with Program Managers to develop plans to respond to consumer feedback from both surveys and focus groups.
- Regularly review program utilization and fidelity to organization case management practices and data entry into case management data base(s). Participate in organization work groups and committees focused on Case Management Integration, both in practice and in data base entries.
- Promote a culture of reflection, learning, and data-based decision making among all levels of staff.
- Uphold the values of Metro Housing C.A.R.E model. – Collaboration, Achievement, Respect, and Ethics.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in related field such as Public Administration, Public Health, Fiscal Management, or Human Service-related field is preferred.
- 5-7 years in program management, grant/compliance, program evaluation, risk management, quality improvement, and/or process improvement is required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to motivate, organize, and convene people and groups.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality within the workplace.
- Strong proven leadership and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and work with complex governmental regulations.
- Ability to work in collegial manner with Program Managers and colleagues; able to “partner” with such individuals to achieve compliance and program improvements.
- Ability to articulate program goals and policies to participants, other community agencies, and vendors.
- Experience in program planning and administration.
- Proficient computer skills required in basic computer software, data collection systems, and data presentation.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Preference Given To:
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
(This position is exempt)
Commensurate with experience and excellent benefits. Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/