METRO HOUSING|BOSTON CONTINUING TO PROVIDE SERVICES
Homelessness and housing instability do not take a break
(March 31, 2020)
The team at Metro Housing|Boston is pleased to be able to continue to provide services to those in need. We know that even during a pandemic, homelessness and housing instability do not take a break. We also realize that property owners have bills to pay and need to receive rent payments. That is why we have prioritized April 1 lease ups and rental assistance and RAFT payments.
The majority of our staff members are working remotely, and they are ready to help you. For safety reasons, our office will remain closed to the public at least until May 4. However, we are monitoring and responding to the email addresses below to ensure that your issues are addressed as quickly as possible.
If you have a rental voucher with Metro Housing, or are a property owner with a Metro Housing tenant, and have questions, please contact the Leased Housing Gateway at Gateway@MetroHousingBoston.org
If you need general housing advice, supportive services, or financial assistance through RAFT (for issues such as rent arrears or a utility shut off), please contact the Housing Hub at ResourceLine@MetroHousingBoston.org
Here are some additional details regarding our operations:
- RAFT applications that were previously approved for April 1 payment are being processed.
- RAFT pre-applications may be submitted electronically, and the full processing of RAFT applications will be completed electronically as well.
- All scheduled appointments are postponed and will be rescheduled to be held by video or phone, if possible.
- Inspections for new and vacant Section 8 units submitted for lease-up will continue, as will emergency inspections needed for immediate health and safety reasons. All other inspections have been cancelled and will be rescheduled.
- There is a mailbox for participants to drop off paper materials for Metro Housing staff during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:45am to 5pm). Please bring your own copies because a copy machine is not available.
- Online Section 8 and Project-Based applications will soon be available. Check this website again soon for more information. Re-certifications are being performed by mail with additional outreach by phone and email as needed.
- Many deadlines, including voucher expirations and hearings, will be extended.
For more information about housing resources across the state, visit www.masshousinginfo.org.