24 Aug Administrative Assistant, SNOMass
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
In 2019, the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) launched the Supporting Neighborhood Opportunity in Massachusetts (SNO Mass) program. SNO Mass is a housing mobility program that supports low-income families with Housing Choice Vouchers in moving to areas of higher opportunity – neighborhoods that offer strong schools, safe environments, and economic opportunities for residents. SNO Mass is designed to help reduce the barriers families often face in finding housing and moving to higher opportunity areas. SNO Mass services include mobility counseling and housing search support for households, financial assistance with security deposits and realtor fees, higher payment standards and enhanced support for landlords in qualifying areas, and post-move support for participating households.
Responsibilities May Include:
- General Duties
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.• Answer phone calls and emails and refer to appropriate SNOMass staff or other entity.
• Perform research on available rental units suitable for the SNOMass program
• Help with initial screening of potential tenant participants
• Help process tenant information to assess if they should participate in SNOMass
• Coordinate paperwork with other departments such as Inspections and Leased Housing.
• Help with tracking tenant progress and help maintain required records of counseling services and other client contact provided.
• Refer program participants to resources
• Aid with creating additional marketing materials, including PowerPoint presentations.
• Help set up and coordinate meetings, including tenant orientation settings
• Help with translation as needed.
• Facilitate mass mailings and other outreach.
- General Duties
• Previous administrative experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Proficiency in PC-based computer software, including Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Experience working in affordable housing field preferred but not required
• Support for the SNO Mass program’s mission and goals.
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $43,000 with excellent benefits. (This is an non-exempt position) Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/