02 Jun Accounts Payable Clerk
- Metro Housing Boston (formerly Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership) is a leading nonprofit dedicated to connecting the residents of Greater Boston with safe, decent homes they can afford. Metro Housing empowers families and individuals to move along the continuum from homelessness to housing stability. Serving more than 25,000 households annually, we work seamlessly to bridge the gaps among government, nonprofits, and corporations to continually increase our impact. With more than 30 years’ experience piloting and implementing housing programs, we have solidified our position as an industry-leading expert on navigating the affordable housing field.
Metro Housing|Boston’s mission: “We mobilize wide-ranging resources to provide innovative and personalized services that lead families and individuals to housing stability, economic security and an improved quality of life.”
The accounts payable clerk works in a team-based environment; is committed to serving our customers, is primarily responsible for performing accounts-payable functions; performs various accounting related functions; and assists with organization projects.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Administration of the Metro Housing accounts payable functions;
- Process timely and accurate payment functions: checks, adjusting entries, report proofs, etc.;
- Communication: help resolve problems, troubleshoot, and make workflow recommendations.
General Accounting Functions:
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers, auditors, management, etc;
- Perform timely and accurate bank reconciliations;
- Assist with monthly general ledger process, preparations, entries, proofs, etc.
- Maintain and update various subsidiary records: spreadsheets, logs, etc.
- Prepare and/or distribute various accounting reports;
- Maintain organized filing systems, work areas, record keeping;
- Assist in team cross training programs and other programs as directed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills;
- 2+ years’ experience in general accounting;
- Familiarity with automated software applications: Excel, Word. Etc.
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills;
- Excellent writing, presentation and organization skills.
Preference Given To:
- Candidates with multilingual skills (verbal and written). We are seeking candidates that speak and write English and at least one of the following languages (for interpreting and translation): Vietnamese, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Toisanese, and Spanish.
- Candidates who live within two miles of Metro Housing|Boston’s headquarters at Roxbury Crossing.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $$46,000 with excellent benefits. (This is an non-exempt position) Please see website: http://metrohousingboston.org/